- Scleral Lens Care
Dry Eye Products
- Blepharitis Foam Cleansers
- Blepharitis Gel Cleanser
- Blepharitis Lid Wipes
- Blepharitis Spray
- Blepharitis Tea Tree Formula
- Dry Eye Vitamins
- Gels & Ointments
- Tears Spray
- Preservative Free Tears Vials
- Preservative Free Tears Bottles
- Hyaluronate Tears and Gels
- Microwavable Masks
- Instant Heat Masks
- USB Powered Masks
- Cold Compress Allergy Relief
- Eye Vitamins & Nutrition
Refresh Optive Mega-3 (30pf Vials)
About Refresh Optive MEGA-3
- Active ingredients: Carboxymethylcellulose, glycerin, polysorbate 80
- Also contains castor oil and flaxseed oil
- Box of 30 0.4mL vials
Description (by Rebecca)
This is the latest in the Refresh - slash - Optive branded line. First we had Optive (actives: glycerin and carboxymethylcellulose), then Optive Advanced (those, plus polysorbate 80), and now Optive MEGA-3 (all of the above plus flaxseed and castor oils, tucked quietly into the inactive ingredients list like all lipids. I will leave all discussion of fancy schmancy ingredients like trehalose to the manufacturer (below).
Refresh Optive MEGA-3 is quite new and I've had very little feedback on it though I'm quite prepared for the usual I-love-it and I-hate-it. Bottom line is, if you need to try something new and want something with lipids, might be worth a whirl.
It's rather amusing to me that the manufacturer takes a dig at Retaine MGD in their description. If someone finds a drop that works for them, are they actually going to care that they have to waste a millisecond shaking the tube before opening it? Ah well.
Description (from the manufacturer's literature)
Our most advanced formula – REFRESH OPTIVE® Mega-3.
- Preservative-free, low blur formula fortifies and restores the lipid layer. Its unique blend of natural oils helps prevent tear evaporation.
- Treats Dry Eye signs and symptoms associated with Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (MGD).
- Nourishes all three layers of the tear film damaged by Dry Eye for immediate, long-lasting relief.
This lipid-enhanced lubricant eye drop is clinically proven to treat the signs and symptoms of Dry Eye. Mega-3 does not require shaking prior to use, unlike Retaine® MGD.
REFRESH OPTIVE® Mega-3 Preservative-Free Lubricant Eye Drops come in sterile, single-use vials you can take with you anywhere and are safe to use as often as needed.
- It is the only artificial tear that delivers a blend of flaxseed and castor oils to the tear film, in a stable nano-emulsion formula.
- Nano-emulsion technology delivers flaxseed and castor oil, fortifying the lipid layer and helping prevent tear evaporation without compromising patient comfort.
- Polysorbate 80 keeps the nano-emulsion from separating, providing consistent stability—no shaking required.
- CMC, a water-loving polymer, binds to epithelial cellsto maintain moisture on the ocular surface for rapid on-eye comfort and long-lasting relief.
All OPTIVE® formulas include the patented osmoprotectant property that comes from the three compatible solutes—glycerin, l-carnitine and erythritol—all of which deliver added protection to the corneal epithelial cells against hypertonic stress.
MEGA-3 contains a fourth osmoprotectant, trehalose, for an advanced approach to treating Dry Eye symptoms.
Drug Facts (from manufacturer's site):
- For the temporary relief of burning, irritation, and discomfort due to dryness of the eye or exposure to wind or sun.
- May be used as a protectant against further irritation.
For external use only.
- To avoid contamination, do not touch tip of container to any surface. Do not reuse. Once opened, discard.
- Do not touch unit-dose tip to eye.
- If solution changes color, do not use.
Stop use and ask a doctor if you experience eye pain, changes in vision, continued redness or irritation of the eye, or if the condition worsens or persists for more than 72 hours.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
To open, TWIST AND PULL TAB TO REMOVE. Instill 1 or 2 drops in the affected eye(s) as needed and discard container.
- Use only if single-use container is intact.
- Use before expiration date marked on container.
- Store at 59°-86°F (15°-30°C).
- Store vials in the pouch until use.
- RETAIN THIS CART FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
Shipping instruction goes here