PuriLens Plus 4oz bottle
About Purilens Plus
- Preservative-free borate-buffered saline solution
- Package of twelve 4-ounce / 120mL bottles.
- Also available as 12-pack
- Popular for rinsing off all contact lens types
- Popular for use with scleral lenses (with dr approval - please note this is technically still an off-label use)
Purilens Plus saline solution is preservative-free, pH-balanced, sterile, aqueous isotonic solution of sodium chloride, buffered with boric acid and sodium borate. Does not contain chlorhexidine, thimerosal, or other mercury-containing compounds.
- pH balanced to eye's natural tears for superior comfort
- For dry and sensitive eyes
- For all contact lens wearers
- Maximizes contact lens comfort and clarity
- For more information, see purilens.com
Rinsing with PuriLens solution removes loosened debris from the lens surface prior to cleaning and disinfecting with the PuriLens system.
Keeps the lens wet (hydrated) during PuriLens System cleaning and disinfection.
PuriLens solution is indicated for use in rinsing, PuriLens system cleaning and disinfection, and storage of SOFT (hydrophilic) contact lenses.
PuriLens solution is sterile prior to opening. Because it contains no preservatives, it will not remain sterile indefinitely after opening and, therefore, should not be used as an eye drop. Do not touch the tip of the container to any surface since this may contaminate the solution. DO NOT USE IF SOLUTION IS CLOUDY OR DISCOLORED.
- Never reuse solution
- Do not transfer saline solution to another container
- Fresh solution should be used for every cleaning/disinfection cycle
- Do not store lenses in water, or in a non-sterile solution
- Use before expiration date stamped on container
- After breaking the original seal, keep the container tightly closed when not in use
- Discard bottle and contents 15 days after opening. Record dated opened in space provided on the bottle label
- Never touch the tip of the container to any surface
- Store solution at room temperature
- Adverse reactions
- The following problems may occur
- Eye stinging, burning, or itching (irritation)
- Excessive watering (tearing) of the eyes
- Unusual eye secretions
- Redness of the eyes
- Reduced sharpness of vision (visual acuity)
- Blurred vision
- Sensitivity to light (photophobia)
- Dry eyes
If you notice any of the above problems, remove and examine your lenses. If the problem stops and the lenses appear to be undamaged, rinse your lenses using PuriLens solution, then clean and disinfect the lenses in your PuriLens unit and reinsert them. If the problem continues or a lens appears to be damaged, IMMEDIATELY remove your lenses and IMMEDIATELY consult your eye care practitioner. Do not reinsert a damaged lens.
If any of the above symptoms occur, a serious condition such as infection, corneal ulcer, neovascularization, or iritis may be present. Seek immediate professional identification of the problem and treatment to avoid serious eye damage.
Directions for use
Inside the bottle cap is a molded insert that will pierce the container. To open the bottle, first remove the cap and discard the white plastic restraining ring. Avoid touching the tip of the bottle. Replace the cap then press down ad turn the cap clockwise to pierce the container.
Rinse, clean, and disinfect your lenses each time you remove them.
Rinse your lens thoroughly with PuriLens solution by holding the lens between the forefinger and thumb of one hand and directing a steady stream of Purines solution onto the lens for ten (10) seconds.
Always rinse the same lens, right to left, first to avoid mix-ups, and put that lens into the correct chamber of the lens storage case.
Shipping instruction goes here