Modudose Sterile PF Saline
We are currently out of Modudose 5mLand low on 15mL size.
Need an alternative? Try Lacripure.
- 2 sizes available: 5mL / 0.17oz , 15mL / 0.51oz unit dose vials
- See also our Preservative Free Saline Guide
- Preservative free 0.9% sodium chloride solution (saline)
To save on shipping, please try to avoid ordering just one box. The difference is huge! It's heavy because it's liquid. You might be paying shipping of $8 or more for one box depending where it's going, but only $1 or so more per additional box after that. Use the shipping calculator in the cart to see for yourself.
Description (by Rebecca)
Modudose is another preservative free 0.9% sodium chloride product sold for inhalation therapy but, like the better-known name Addipaks, often recommended by doctors fitting scleral lenses for filling the lenses.
The 10mL and 15mL sizes are useful for those who use a LOT in rinsing or who are just learning and may need to try several times before successfully insertion. I do not recommend using this larger size in order to have a vial last all day - my understanding is that the pH drops rapidly after opening, and since they are already acidic, a drop in pH is likely to make it much less comfortable in the eye.
Ingredients: Purified water and sodium chloride.
- Unbuffered saline, not tolerated equally well by all users due to acidity (low pH)
- Not labeled for ocular use
Alternatives to consider
- LacriPure: 0.9% sodium chloride solution, labeled for ocular use.
- Addipak (Rx only):, 0.9% sodium chloride solution
- Purilens Plus Saline, buffered for more comfortable use in the eye.
- ScleralFil, ditto but in 10mL / 0.34oz vials
For more information about preservative free salines, please see our Product Guide to Preservative Free Saline Options.
For expirations of current stock, please call, email, or use the live chat button.
On and off-label use
Please note that several preservative free salines that are routinely recommended by doctors for use with PROSE or
Description (from the manufacturer's literature)
For single use only
Shipping instruction goes here