Boston SIMPLUS Multi-Action Solution Care System
About Boston SIMPLUS Multi-Action Solution Care System
- For rigid gas permeable lenses
- Cleans, disinfects, conditions
- Please check with your ECP about which cleaning solution is best suited for your lens type
- Contains: 3.5 oz (104 mL) bottle of Boston Simplus; 5mL (0.2 oz) bottle Boston Rewetting Drops; lens case (flat screw-top type)
Description (by Rebecca)
This is a multi-purpose solution in the Bausch & Lomb "Boston" product line specifically for rigid gas permeable lenses.
Simplus is a multi purpose solution. In the context of scleral lenses however, where disinfection is usually done with a hydrogen peroxide system rather than a multipurpose solution, Simplus is used by some as a rub cleaner as an alternative to Lobob ESC. I am not fond of it, and I know a lot of ECPs and manufacturers that aren't crazy about it either, but it's widely enough used that I needed to stock it here.
Some notes for specific lens types - but please always remember to check with your ECP:
- EyePrintPro with Hydra-PEG: Simplus is an acceptable cleaning solution for these, though Unique pH is the preferred solution. It's important to note that alcohol-containing cleaners e.g. Lobob ESC are not acceptable for use with lenses with Hydra-PEG coating.
- PROSE: At least as of this writing (April 2017) Simplus is listed by BostonSight as an acceptable daily rub cleaner for PROSE. (Not to be confused with overnight disinfection!)
SAFETY NOTE: As with ALL multi-purpose solutions, DO NOT put this solution in the 'bowl' of your scleral lens. It is strictly for cleaning and disinfection, not filling.
Description (from the manufacturer's literature)
Boston SIMPLUS Multi-Action Solution is a one-bottle cleaning, disinfecting and conditioning product that has the added convenience of a built-in protein remover and an easy-to-use lens care regimen.
Key Features & Benefits
- For cleaning, removing protein, rinsing, disinfecting, conditioning, storing and cushioning fluoro silicone acrylate and silicone acrylate gas permeable lenses.
- Convenient 1-bottle cleaning and conditioning system with cleaning comparable to the leading 2-bottle system.
- No evening rub care regimen - rub and rinse in the morning.
Directions for use
- Wash your hands with mild soap. (Caution - pump soaps may contain oil-based suspension agents.)
- Place lenses in empty lens case and fill with fresh Boston SIMPLUS Multi-Action Solution. Soak lenses for at least four (4) hours (or overnight) before wearing. Always use fresh solution for soaking and storing lenses.
- Wash hands with mild soap before cleaning (rubbing) lenses. After soaking, remove lenses from lens case and rub both sides of the lenses carefully with four (4) drops of Boston SIMPLUS Multi-Action Solution in the palm of your hand for twenty (20) seconds. NO SEPARATE DAILY CLEANER IS REQUIRED.
- Rinse for approximately five (5) seconds with a steady stream of Boston SIMPLUS Multi-Action Solution to eliminate loosened surface deposits and insert lenses.
- Thoroughly clean interior of lens case with hot water and air dry after each use.
- Discard solution ninety (90) days after opening. Record date opened in space provided on bottle label. Note: When used daily, this solution will be depleted before ninety (90) days.
- Cleaning System: Poloxamine 1107 - Removes dirt and deposits from lenses without a separate daily cleaner
- Protein Removal System: Hydroxyalkylphosphonate - Removes protein deposits daily from lenses
- Dual Disinfection System: Chlorhexidine Gluconate (0.003%) and Polyaminopropyl Biguanide (0.0005%) - Destroys micro-organisms
- Wetting & Conditioning System: Glucam-20 - Retains moisture for lens wearing comfort and Hydroxypropylmethyl Cellulose - Provides extra thickness for cushioning
- Do not use this solution if you are allergic to any ingredient in this product.
- Not For Use With Soft (Hydrophilic) Contact Lenses. Warranty information
- Discard solution ninety (90) days after opening.
- Store this solution at room temperature. Avoid freezing.
- Use before expiration date on the container.
Shipping instruction goes here