Optimum by Lobob Extra Strength Cleaner (ESC)
Please use the "Email me when available" link to be notified if/when we get this product back in stock.
We are not accepting backorders for this product due to a longstanding manufacturer backorder. We're very sorry for any inconvenience - we are not sure when this product will be back.
Please check with your provider about acceptable substitutes. Popular cleaners for scleral lenses include Unique pH, Tangible Clean and Boston Simplus.
About Optimum by Lobob ESC
- Available in 2oz size (sorry, we no longer have 4oz and 10mL sizes available)
- Suitable for cleaning PROSE and other lenses made from RGP lens materials, including with plasma treatment
- NOT appropriate for lenses with Hydra-PEG coating
- Contains no
polyquad, chlorhexidine, polyaminopropylbiguanide or benzalkonium chloride
Description (by Rebecca)
Lobob ESC (Extra Strength Cleaner) is a top quality daily cleaner suitable for gas permeable lenses, scleral
This is a cleaning solution, not an overnight disinfection or conditioning solution.
Make sure you use only lens cleaners approved by your lens provider!
Make sure you use only saline to rinse it off, not water.
Do you have lenses with Hydra-PEG coating?
Lobob ESC is NOT APPROVED for use with lenses that have the Hydra-PEG coating. Approved cleaners for Hydra-PEG include Unique pH and Boston Simplus (also sold here).
Description (from the manufacturer's literature)
Optimum by Lobob 'Extra Strength' Cleaner
For use with rigid gas permeable silicone acrylate,
Optimum 'Extra Strength' Cleaner is a sterile, non-preserved aqueous solution of
Optimum 'Extra Strength' Cleaner eliminates surface deposits, grease, oils, lipids, salts, and cosmetic residue from silicone acrylate,
Use Optimum 'Extra Strength' Cleaner to clean silicone acrylate,
Contraindications (reasons not to use)
If you are allergic to any ingredient that is used in Optimum 'Extra Strength' Cleaner, do not use this product.
- Optimum 'Extra Strength' Cleaner contains no preservatives to which some people may be allergic, but see contraindications.
- Optimum 'Extra Strength' Cleaner is NOT for use directly in the eye.
- Serious damage to the eye and loss of vision may result from wearing contaminated or damaged contact lenses. Immediately contact your eye care practitioner to identify the cause of any unexplained eye discomfort, watering, vision change, redness of the eye, and to begin any necessary treatment.
- Keep the bottle tightly closed when not in use.
- Never touch the tip of the bottle to any surface as this may contaminate the solution.
- Do not use with soft (hydrophilic) contact lenses.
- Optimum 'Extra Strength' Cleaner is NOT for use directly in the eye. Rinse lenses thoroughly before placing in your lens case. If Optimum 'Extra Strength' Cleaner is accidentally placed in the eye, remove the lens and flush eyes with copious amounts of clean water. Optimum 'Extra Strength' Cleaner will sting and cause temporary redness of instilled in the eye.
- Always wash the hands with a mild soap and rinse well before handling your lenses. never use soap containing oils or lanolin.
- Store solution at room temperature. Overheating or freezing may affect the solution.
- Keep out of reach of children.
CAUTION: If cleaner is accidentally instilled in the eye, it will sting and cause redness. Should this occur, flush the eye repeatedly with clean water. If pain or redness persist, consult a physician. IF SWALLOWED: Drink extra water. Cleaner contains
Shipping instruction goes here