Optimum by Lobob Cleaning / Disinfection / Storage Solution (CDS)
Lobob products are currently unavailable. We are not sure whether/when this will change. If you purchase it online, be careful where you buy and check expirations, because it doesn't seem to be currently in production.
About Optimum by Lobob CDS
- Check with your lens provider for compatibility issues
- Available in 1oz / 30mL and 4oz / 188mL sizes
Description (by Rebecca)
I added this product in July 2017 at users' request. At that time, Lobob CDS was listed as Hydra PEG compatible on the Tangible website. It is not now, and it's not clear why.
Difference between Lobob CDS and Lobob ESC: ESC is meant exclusively for "rub" cleaning, i.e. manually cleaning your lenses daily before disinfection. CDS can be used that way as well, but it is designed also for overnight disinfection and conditioning, so it's closer to a multi-purpose solution (but not a full MPS - do not use it in your eye!!)
Contrary to the manufacturer's instructions below, we do NOT recommend rinsing with water due to the risk of acanthamoeba infection. Please rinse with saline.
Description (from the manufacturer's literature)
When used as directed Optimum by Lobob® C/D/S Solution cleans, disinfects and provides sterile hydrating storage for RGP and hard contact lenses preventing warpage of the lens and the adherence of contaminants to the lens surface.
Optimum by Lobob Cleaning, Disinfecting and Storage Solution (CDS)
Optimum Cleaning, Disinfecting and Storage Solution (CDS) is a sterile contact lens solution for use with
Directions for use
- Always wash and rinse your hands before handling your contact lenses.
- Remove right lens and place in
- Cup hand and cover lens completely with 10 drops of Optimum CDS solution.
- Rub lens for 30 seconds using the index finger of the other hand creating a sudsy pool of solution. Note: The greater the
sudsingaction, the better the cleaning performance.
- Rinse the lens thoroughly with running cold tap water. Note: To protect against loss, always close sink drain when cleaning lenses [PLEASE SEE NOTE ABOUT - this is the manufacturer instruction but based upon current accepted standards we recommend against rinsing with water]
Place lens in the right chamber of your lens storage case and completely cover the lens with
Close the lens storage case and store lenses in the unopened case for at least six (6) hours.
Remove the right lens from the lens storage case, and rinse thoroughly as directed by your eye care practitioner. All Optimum CDS solution MUST be completely rinsed from the lens before insertion. Apply 2 drops of lubricating and wetting solution such as Optimum WRW to all surfaces of the lens and place the lens in the eye. Repeat the procedure with the left lens.
Lauryl sulfate salt of imidazoline,
If CDS is accidentally instilled in the eye, it will sting and cause redness. Flush the eye repeatedly with clean water. If pain or redness
Shipping instruction goes here