Replacement foam sets for Tranquileyes
About Replacement Foam Sets for Tranquileyes
- Choose from Standard/Lined or Sensitive Eyes/Unlined, or XL Size/Unlined
- Deep, soft visco-elastic "memory" type foam
- Sold individually; one set = cushions & pads for both sides
Description (by Rebecca)
The foam on Tranquileyes - that is, both the cushions and the removable moisture pads - is meant to be changed out every 4 to 8 weeks. Each of these replacement sets contains the foam to completely replace your foam (all 4 pieces). The more careful you are with the replacement process, the longer the foam will stay on.
There are two types of foam available: standard and "sensitive eyes". The foam itself is exactly the same soft viscoelastic foam, but the standard type is lined with a sheer black fabric. In my experience there is no clear pattern of who will prefer one type over the other - we encourage you to try both. The XL size, note, is unlined but not quite the same as standard size unlined.
Description (from the manufacturer's literature)
Foam sets fit snugly inside each tranquileyes® lens. For use with original tranquileyes®.
Usage and Care
What are the Replacement Foam Sets used for?
The replacement foam sets are for when the cushions on your Tranquileyes goggle start to peel away, wear out, or become too soiled for easy cleaning. The foam set is a complete unit of both cushions and moisture pads, so all four pieces are replaced at once.
Instructions for use
Remove all old foam from the goggle. Wipe surface of goggle with rubbing alcohol to remove and soap residue. Let dry. Take one set of replacement foam out of bag. Remove paper liner from back of foam to expose adhesive. Line up the foam to the correct eye and press firmly. Repeat on the other side.
Cleaning and care
To clean, hand wash with warm water and mild anti-bacterial soap as needed. Rinse well with warm water, remove excess water with towel and air dry.
- Make sure you're following application instructions carefully, including thorough cleaning of the rubber eyecups before application. Crimp the new set down really hard with your fingertips.
- If foam will not stay on very long, it's possible your goggle may be too old (the rubber does eventually degrade) and need replacement. If the goggle is less than a year old, you can get a warranty replacement from the manufacturer (see below).
All EyeEco products are covered under a one year warranty. Please refer to eyeeco.com or contact us.
Shipping instruction goes here