- Scleral Lens Care
Dry Eye Products
- Blepharitis Foam Cleansers
- Blepharitis Gel Cleanser
- Blepharitis Lid Wipes
- Blepharitis Spray
- Blepharitis Tea Tree Formula
- Dry Eye Vitamins
- Gels & Ointments
- Tears Spray
- Preservative Free Tears Vials
- Preservative Free Tears Bottles
- Hyaluronate Tears and Gels
- Microwavable Masks
- Instant Heat Masks
- USB Powered Masks
- Cold Compress Allergy Relief
- Eye Vitamins & Nutrition
Oasis Tears Plus (30pf Vials)
Preservative free "high-end" drop with sodium hyaluronate.
This is Ally's favorite drop! She uses them all the time. I don't use them personally. But I have a lot of respect for the Oasis product line based on user feedback over the years, particularly as regards the Plus version. Other than FreshKote, Oasis Tears Plus is the first drop that I ever felt, based on feedback, was consistently performing very well for people with things like recurrent corneal erosions as well as highly symptomatic dry eye. Don't misunderstand me: Drops are notoriously hit and miss and every drop has its fans and un-fans! But definitely worth a try. Please keep in mind... I always tend to discourage people from thinking that trying one more drop will solve their problems. Dry eye is almost always more complicated than that - so any advice or suggestions need to be taken in context!
The single-use vials contain only 0.3mL, making it the smallest preservative-free vial on the US market, so those who are used to recapping and reusing may find they just don't get as much out of these drops. However, if a drop does better or lasts longer for you, then it's still worth it.
Incidentally, for those to whom it matters, the sodium hyaluronate in Oasis Tears and Oasis Tears Plus is plant-based.
I understand that they will be bringing out a multi-dose bottle of this product at some point. I don't know when.
Suggested best uses
- People who have severe symptoms and/or RCE (anecdotally)
- Also recommended for people who want a drop with sodium hyaluronate, which is not available in very many eyedrops in the US at this time.
- Some users who do not get on well with common polymers used in drops such as the Refresh or Systane product lines
Alternatives to consider
For the severely symptomatic, I don't hesitate to recommend Freshkote. I am a diehard Dr. Holly's drop fan, Freshkote is the last of those, and it is now (finally) available preservative-free.
For more drops with glycerin, or more drops with sodium hyaluronate, please check our Ingredient Reference List.
Description (from the manufacturer's literature)
Oasis TEARS Lubricant Eye Drops coat, lubricate, and moisten delicate eye tissue. With each blink, a special substance in Oasis TEARS combines with the active ingredient, glycerin, to keep tears on the eye surface for a long time. This unique combination coats and recoats the surface of the eye for continued relief of dry, irritated eyes.
Not all eye drops are the same. Oasis TEARS is a new type of eye drop with a unique formula, optimized to provide long-lasting comfort. Oasis TEARS Lubricant Eye Drops:
- Offer instant relief of dry eye symptoms
- Natural; contain no damaging chemicals
- Give you prolonged comfort with fewer applications required
- Provide moistening and lubrication of the surfaces of your eye
- Eliminate the source of toxic irritation with preservative-free options
Unique Lubricating Formulation
Oasis TEARS Lubricant Eye Drops coat, lubricate, and moisten delicate eye tissue. With each blink of your eye, a special substance in Oasis TEARS combines with the active ingredient, glycerin, to keep tears on the eye surface for a long time. This unique combination coats and recoats the surface of the eye for continued relief of dry, irritated eyes. Use Oasis TEARS to relieve dry eye symptoms, such as:
- Morning dry eyes
- End-of-day dry eyes
- Nighttime dry eyes
- Irritated eyes
- Burning, itching eyes
- Tired eyes
- Discomfort and vision problems related to Computer Vision Syndrome
Oasis TEARS and Oasis TEARS PLUS Are Preservative Free
Nonpreserved artificial tears have an extra advantage over preserved ones. They may be the best choice for patients immediately following eye surgery (such as LASIK), because they are more comfortable to use, due to differences in the thickness and improved compatibility with the eye’s tissues. Preservative-free Oasis TEARS and Oasis TEARS PLUS eliminate the source of toxic irritation caused by preservatives.
Glycerin (0.22%), sodium chloride, sodium hyaluronate, sodium phosphate dibasic, sodium phosphate monobasic, water.
Glycerin (0.22%) (Lubricant Eye Drops)
- For the temporary relief of burning and irritation due to dryness of the eye.
- for the temporary relief of discomfort due to minor irritations of the eye or to exposure to wind or sun.
- for use as a protectant against further irritation or to receive dryness of the eye.
- for use as a lubricant to prevent further irritation or to relieve dryness of the eye.
Shipping instruction goes here